Applianceplus is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information provided to us. We may, from time to time, collect and hold information about our customers and/or prospective customers (“personal information”). All such personal information will be handled and saved according to the provisions of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
How we collect your personal information
We may collect personal information about you from a number of sources, including directly from you, when you use our website or deal with us in-store, over the telephone or by letter or e-mail. This information is collected to enable us to deliver our services to you for example (but not limited to) warranty, delivery and installation services. We may advise you of information on products and promotional activity. We may collect personal information such as your name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal or physical address, product purchases and preferences, credit card details or other personal information.
By transacting with Applianceplus we may collect personal information in various circumstances. These may include (but not limited to) :
- Completing competition entry forms, promotional forms, online or electronic surveys.
- Apply for, use, or modify an account.
- Purchase a major item.
- access certain functions within the website (e.g. requesting further information).
Applianceplus will not collect your personal information without your knowledge. The website does have some level of automated information gathering.
Information gathered from website
On each visit to our website we may use automatic web tools to collect information on your visit. These may include (but not limited to) cookies, google website statistics software, other website analytic tools).
The information collected may include
- The IP address and host name of your computer used to access the website.
- The operating system and web browser the computer accessing the website is using.
- The search engine or other links used by the computer to access the website
- The time, date and length of stay on the website.
- The pages of the website viewed during the session.
This information is used in a collated form to analyse website services and where appropriate improve the delivery of website services to the end consumer. This information will only ever be used in the collated form unless we experience website security breaches. In these instances we may use more detailed information.
What are Cookies?
By using cookies on the Applianceplus website we are able to :-
- Improve the content and functionality of the site
- Improved the user experience on the site
- Offer various services and functionality
- Analyse the performance of our website advertising
- Track website usage patterns.
You are able to configure your web browser to not accept cookies. Please refer to the settings in your browser. If you disable cookies in your browser you may experience a reduced level of functionality on our website.
Personal Information (Use and disclosure)
The personal information we collect in relation to our customers and/or prospective customers will be used to provide customer services and operate our website. Applianceplus will not sell or lease your personal information.
We will not disclose your personal information except in accordance with this Policy and according to the requirements of the Privacy Act. Under some circumstances we may disclose your information. This includes (but is not limited to) circumstances where it is necessary to assist the police, protect our legal rights, protect the health and safety of ourselves and others and where we are permitted or required by law.
Unsubscribing to electronic messages
We will from time to time communicate with you electronically. You can at any time unsubscribe from this service as per below.
- using the unsubscribe feature in the message
- contacting our Customer Service Team – 0800 46 36 36
Once we have received your request to unsubscribe we have received your request we will action that request as soon as practicable. Subsequent entering of competitions, promotions or the like may re subscribe you to the email database.
Access to Personal Data
You have the right to be advised of the information we hold on you, have it changed, deleted or
- We will provide your information at your request if it is in a retrievable format
- We will confirm what information we hold if it is in a retrievable format
- Please contact Applianceplus Head Office 0800 46 36 36 or email@example.com for any questions regarding your information.
Personal Data Security
Your data may be stored at Applianceplus or third party website service providers.
Because of the inherent security risks of transmitting data over the internet we make no guarantee/ and or warranty (express or implied) as to the security of the data transmitted to us. Once we have received your personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to protect that information against loss or misuse and against unauthorised access, use, modification, or disclosure.
Payments are processed through the secure DPS Payment Express system. Any credit card details stored for recurring payments are done so on the DPS system. No credit card information is stored by us and we are PCI compliant. Payments must be received prior to orders being shipped
This sites communications with users are encrypted over https using modern cyphers.